Saturday 4 October 2014

Cheek to Cheek <3

Last week, I received my copy of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga's new album: 'Cheek to Cheek' (Deluxe Edition) in the mail.

It is Gaga's first Jazz album, and how wonderful it is! I have kept myself blissfully ignorant to the world of jazz and I do not pretend otherwise. So I bought the album with an air of indifference. Of course, I had some excitement, otherwise I may as well not have bought it all! It is Gaga after all, and the Lady makes you believe in her, believe in something she is so obviously passionate about. I had listened to the tracks shown on youtube and I at least liked them. At least. So there was that: I would at least 'like' the album.

I was not disappointed. There is such a warmth in the music, that it is a joy to listen to. Tony and Lady's voices melt together, creating this golden sound that is at once rich and free. It is the kind of music that makes me want to put on pearls and dream the world away, just because. Gaga does not have to tell you she loves it. You can feel it.

Thank you for reading. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment